Dental Tips on Dental Implants: Should You Shop Around?
If you’re missing a single tooth, multiple teeth, or all your teeth, you may have looked into dental implants Hoppers Crossing as a replacement.
You’ve probably also noticed that dental implants seem more expensive than other treatments. Perhaps you’ve wondered if dental implants are the answer for your missing teeth?
At Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants, we believe that if you are considering a major dental restoration, such as dental implants, you should consider more than just one treatment and get quotes for the cost of services. But we also believe that price alone is a bad way to choose your treatment.
Dental treatment is not like buying a computer; you can’t just decide what you want and look at a price tag. Each case of dental treatment is different, and dental treatment is an investment in your future appearance and health.
So, let’s take a look at your options and comparisons.
Implants vs. ‘lower-cost’ alternatives
Dental implants are not the only answer to missing teeth, and on first glance, the other alternatives seem cheaper. The primary non-implant replacement strategies are dentures and bridges.
The only other approach is to leave the problem as it is. However, in the long run, the real costs of implants decreases, compared to bridges and dentures, and ignoring missing teeth is the worst thing you can do.
- Full dentures seem economical when compared to implants. But they need to be replaced every 5 – 8 years and have ongoing expenses including adhesives, cleaning materials, and cases. More alarming, dentures can cause gum and jawbone erosion requiring additional, expensive treatment.
- A dental bridge can cost from several hundred dollars to more than a thousand dollars and be expected to last 10 – 15 years. However, bridges are nowhere near as durable as implants, and getting them means losing significant healthy tooth enamel. Finally, bridges also lead to deterioration of gums and bone.
- Doing nothing to replace missing teeth is the cheapest option, but the worst one. Other teeth will lose alignment, gum and bone deteriorate, and the likelihood of cavities and other dental issues rises. And, of course, it just doesn’t look right.
In the long run, taking into account both aesthetic and economic consideration, dental implants may well be the most economical of tooth replacement strategies. Think of dental implants not as an expense, but as an investment in your future!
Should I price-shop among dental practices?
At Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants, we know your money is essential, but we also consider dental implants to be something like an investment – it pays off in the future! Focusing only on price can end up being a bad strategy.
Here are some things to consider.
Be wary of prices that are very high or low. When you begin your pricing search try to determine an average market price. Also, be sure to understand your treatment fully.
If, for instance, you need jawbone bone implantation before implants, the price is going to go up. Your dentist Hoppers Crossing should be able to explain, simply, why an estimate for a dental implant is the amount it is.
Consider your insurance. You will likely end up paying some of your implant costs, but insurance companies are increasingly offering coverage for tooth replacement. It can’t hurt to ask your insurance company about this.
Choose a trustworthy dentist. Your dentist should be experienced, skilled, and caring.
#1 Confirm the dentist’s experience and credentials
- How are you trained?
- What is your implant experience?
- How often have you placed an implant?
#2 Choose a dentist whose work looks right to you
- Look at before & after photos, particularly for patients who look a bit like you, and whose treatment was similar.
#3 Notice how the dentist and practice make you feel
- Is my time with this dentist and staff as enjoyable as possible?
- Do I trust this dentist?
- Am I comfortable revealing my full habits and medical history?
#4 Check out the facilities
#5 Choose customer service
You should be treated well, and customer service should be available if you have questions.
These are only some of the things you should “comparison shop” when considering dental implants. Once you are confident about these aspects of treatment, the price comes into the equation. After you consider all of these elements, we’re pretty sure you’ll be coming to Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants!
Schedule a consultation
The best way to receive an accurate price quote for a dental implant is through a consultation. Please call us at Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants.
Smiles at Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants!
At Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants, we believe everyone deserves high-quality dentistry, and we are here to help you receive this.
Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants is a multi-surgery practice serving the oral health needs of the community. Our focus is on providing patients with exceptional General, Orthodontics and Implant dentistry.
We have a particular interest in implants, orthodontics, and smile rejuvenation via veneers, crowns, and bridges while also dealing with unexpected dental emergencies we all dread.
Hoppers Crossing dentist also serves the local communities in Tarneit, Truganina, Werribee, Werribee South, Williams Landing, Wyndham Vale, Laverton, Laverton North, Altona, Altona Meadows, Altona North, Point Cook, Seabrook, Sanctuary Lakes and Alamanda.
FREE Dental Implants Consultation
We are located at 483 Sayers Road in Hoppers Crossing.
NEED DENTAL ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.