Call The Office
(03) 9749 1178
1/483 Sayers Road, Hoppers Crossing, VIC 3029
Here are the things you need to learn about dentures as tooth restorations. At Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants, we will help you find the answers to all your questions about dentures and to find out whether dentures might be the best choice for you.
Dentures are removable restorations for missing teeth and supporting tissues. There are two kinds of dentures – complete and partial dentures.
Complete dentures are used when all your teeth need to be replaced, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain.
The Denture-Making Procedure
Fabricating dentures typically takes a few weeks and several appointments.
Once your Hoppers Crossing dentist decides what type of restoration is best for you, here are the typical treatment steps:
- Make impressions of your jaw and take assessments of how your jaws relate to one another and how much space is between them.
- Cast models, wax forms, and/or patterns in the exact form and position of the denture. Before casting the final denture, you will try this model many times, and the denture will be evaluated for colour, shape, and fit.
- Make a final denture.
- Adjustments will be made as needed.
New dentures may feel a little weird or uncomfortable for a time until the facial muscles, and tongue gets used to them, and you get comfortable wearing and removing them.
Also, it is normal for minor discomfort, soreness, and for an increase of saliva flow when you first wear them, but these problems will lessen as your mouth adjusts.
Taking Care of your Dentures at Home
In cleaning your dentures, you should:
- Wash your dentures using fluoride toothpaste or mild soap and water before submerging them on cleaning solutions.
- Soak them in denture-cleaning solutions to remove stains and bacteria.
- Brush (but don’t scrub!) them again as you would do to your normal teeth.
Dentures may break if dropped when removed, so you should clean them in a bowl with water, or something soft like a clean towel.
Always remove your dentures before sleeping to avoid damaging and dislodging them, and to give your gums some time to “breathe”. Soak your dentures in warm, but not hot, water to keep them from drying out and becoming misshapen. Only use a denture-soaking solution if your dentures do not include metal components, as the solution can tarnish the metal.
Dentures in Hoppers Crossing
If you have one or more teeth that are worn, damaged, or compromised by a cavity, then we can fix it with a custom-made, lifelike dental restoration.
Dentures in Hoppers Crossing
We are located at 483 Sayers Road in Hoppers Crossing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wearing dentures, does it hurt?
Can I wear dentures when sleeping?
Can I eat normally while I have my dentures on?
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED DENTAL ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Dental Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.
Tue: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Thu-Fri: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM