Call The Office
(03) 9749 1178
1/483 Sayers Road, Hoppers Crossing, VIC 3029
The sealant is commonly applied to the grooves, known as fissures, and pits of the back molars. These are the common areas for cavities in the teeth.
The procedure can be conducted by your dentist, a dental hygienist, or an oral health therapist.
This includes patients with:
- A history of dental caries
- Deep retentive pits and fissures
- Poor oral hygiene
- Early signs of dental caries
- Poor plaque control
- Enamel defects, such as enamel hypoplasia
- Orthodontic appliances
Fissure Sealant Application
Fissure sealant application is a simple procedure that can be performed by your Hoppers Crossing dentist.
- Teeth are cleaned and dried thoroughly, as food particles and saliva can prevent the sealant from sticking to the tooth.
- The tooth surface is rinsed with an acid gel or a chemical solution, to ensure that the sealant sticks to the tooth.
- An adhesive is applied below the sealant.
- The sealant is applied.
- Depending on the type of sealant to be applied, a strong light may be used to cure the material.
- The liquid sealant forms a strong barrier on the tooth surface.
- The bite is inspected, and excess material is polished away.
Your Hoppers Crossing dentist recommends check-ups twice a year so that tooth decay or sealant loss can be monitored.
Sealed teeth don’t necessarily need any routine changes at home or changes in one’s diet. Although fissure sealants help with decay prevention on molar teeth, especially, it is important to brush and floss teeth properly and avoid the factors that can lead to tooth decay.
Fissure Sealants at Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants
Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants provides preventive dental care services, including fissure sealants, that help you maintain your oral health and prevent dental issues from occurring,.
Hoppers Crossing dentist also serves the local communities in Tarneit, Truganina, Werribee, Werribee South, Williams Landing, Wyndham Vale, Laverton, Laverton North, Altona, Altona Meadows, Altona North, Point Cook, Seabrook, Sanctuary Lakes, and Alamanda.
We are located at 483 Sayers Road in Hoppers Crossing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which teeth should be sealed?
What is involved in the fissure sealant application?
Is it painful?
Will my sealants last?
How do fissure sealants work?
Who do I get treatment?
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.