Nothing can take the place of natural teeth, but dental implants can come close.
If you are missing one or more teeth, there are many reasons why you should replace them:
- You may not like how the gap looks when you smile.
- Missing teeth may affect how you speak.
- A missing molar tooth can make it harder to chew.
- When a tooth is lost and not replaced, the teeth around it can shift.
- Bone loss can occur around the missing tooth. This may cause the remaining teeth to become loose over time.
- Loss of teeth and bone can make your face sag. You may look older.
Teeth that have tipped or drifted are also harder to clean. This puts them at high risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are posts surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw. The implants become a stable base for one or more replacement teeth. They function as anchors that replace your natural tooth roots.
Patients may choose dental implants to replace a single tooth, several teeth or to support partial or full dentures.
Here are some of the main reasons people get implants:
- They help you chew better
- They can help fill out a face that could look “sunken” because of missing teeth
- Dental implants can prevent further bone loss in the jaw
- They are the closest things to natural teeth
Who is a Qualified Candidate?
A qualified candidate for dental implants is a patient who:
- has good overall health
- have enough jaw bone to support implants, or who can have bone grafts to support implants
- takes good care of this/her teeth every day
- does not smoke or chew tobacco
- makes regular dental visits
Different Implant Options:
- Single-tooth implant
- Implant-supported bridge
- Implant-supported denture
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Implants offer firm support to human-made teeth, Dentures, bridges or single teeth attached to the implants won’t slip or shift in your mouth – a very important benefit when eating and speaking.
- This secures fit also helps human-made teeth feel more natural than conventional bridges or dentures.
- Some people may find implant-supported dentures more comfortable than dentures that do not use implants.
- When teeth are missing, dental implants also help keep the jawbone from shrinking.
- Implants are a good value because they can last a lifetime with good care.
Dental Implants Procedure
On your first visit, your Hoppers Crossing dentist designs your treatment plan, focusing on your specific dental care needs and preferences.
A screw-like post made of titanium is placed into the socket of the missing tooth. While the jawbones heal, it fuses around the implants, securing it in the jaw.
Once the implant is connected to the jawbone, a small connector post called abutment is attached to support the new tooth securely.
FREE Dental Implants Consultation in Hoppers Crossing
At Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants, we perform successful dental implant procedures that help replace missing teeth and decrease the risk of developing dental problems.
Dental Implants Hoppers Crossing
We are located at 483 Sayers Road in Hoppers Crossing.
Two Implant Supported Lower Removable Denture
Helps give stability to the lower plate /more reasonable than a fixed bridge
(Before) – Patient with missing lower left canine and premolars
(After) – Missing teeth replaced with 3 dental implants
(Before) – Patient with missing upper incisors
(After) – Upper incisors replaced with dental implants, restored lower incisors
Frequently Asked Questions
What are dental implants?
How long will it take to recover?
How long will dental implants last?
Who is a qualified candidate for dental implants?
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.