FREE Orthodontic Consultation / Invisalign
Teeth whitening is an effective way of lightening the existing shade of your teeth without removing any of the teeth surfaces. It cannot create a total colour change, but it can substantially lighten the shade of your teeth.
Calculus or tartar can also affect the shade of your teeth. Some people may have discolouration under the surface, which can be caused by certain antibiotics or by tiny cracks in the teeth, into which stains settle.
Teeth Whitening in Hoppers Crossing
In-office teeth whitening is not a complicated procedure, but it does require skill to avoid injury to the gum area.
However, special equipment is required for preparing and completing the procedure.
The procedure can take from 1 to 2 hours to finish.
Zoom! Whitening is a safe, in-office teeth whitening procedure that can lighten stained or discoloured teeth in just an hour — using ultraviolet light to supercharge the whitening gel, Zoom! Whitening can whiten teeth up to 8 shades in one procedure.
Is Zoom! Whitening right for me?
Zoom! Whitening might be a good choice for you if:
You have healthy gums, unrestored teeth, and no fillings.
Fillings, crowns, and veneers can’t be whitened with Zoom! Whitening.
You don’t have sensitive teeth and gums.
The peroxide in Zoom! Whitening can increase sensitivity.
You aren’t allergic to peroxide.
Peroxide is the active agent in Zoom! Whitening.
You aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding.
The Teeth Whitening Procedure
There are several steps to in-office whitening:
- Your dentist makes a record of the shade of your teeth.
- Your teeth are polished with a grainy material to remove any plaque on the surface.
- Gauze is placed to keep your teeth dry. Retractors may be used to keep your cheeks, lips, and tongue well away from the whitening solution.
- A barrier is placed along the gum line to protect it from exposure to the solution further.
- Next, a whitening solution is applied on the front surfaces of the teeth. The solution contains either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide as the bleaching agent.
- Many whitening products require a curing light to activate the peroxide. Once applied, the solution is soaked on the teeth for 30 to 60 minutes, or occasionally reapplied, depending on the brand.
- Once the desired shade is reached, the teeth are rinsed. A fluoride application may be used to calm any tooth sensitivity.
- Follow-up appointments may be scheduled until the desired shade is achieved.
When done, you are advised to avoid certain foods or drinks that cause stains like coffee, tea, beets, candies, and red wine, for at least 24 hours. Also, avoid tobacco use of any sort.
Teeth Whitening at Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants
Cosmetic dentistry enhances and improves your appearance – and teeth whitening is one of the best treatments we can offer. When you come in for your consultation, you Hoppers Crossing dentist will advise you of your treatment options, based on your concerns, desired outcomes, and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is teeth whitening permanent?
The whitening effect won’t last as long if you smoke or drink red wine, tea, or coffee, which can all stain your teeth.
Does teeth whitening work on restorations?
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.
There is ample free car parking onsite