Call The Office
(03) 9749 1178
1/483 Sayers Road, Hoppers Crossing, VIC 3029
Teeth can be broken, and crowns can be damaged or lost, swelling can cause pain, and dental appliances (braces, bridges, etc.) can break.
In case of a dental emergency, it is essential to see your Hoppers Crossing emergency dentist as soon as possible.
At Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants, emergency treatment is a primary priority, and we pride ourselves of our experience and skill in managing dental emergencies.
But it is also important to know how you should react at the time an emergency occurs.
With that in mind, our friendly staff at Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants offer the following information and advice. Get your Dental Emergency treatment today by experts!
Is it a Dental Emergency?
Some dental problems require immediate response, while others can wait to be treated. It’s critical to learn the difference between these kinds of problems, particularly if the problem happens at night or over the weekend when most dental offices are closed.
Here are some signs that you may have an urgent dental emergency:
Dental emergencies should be dealt with immediately. Call your Hoppers Crossing dentist immediately if you experience any of the abovementioned problems.
Time is of the essence in any emergency, and contacting us for advice and/or treatment is imperative!
Our experienced and skilled emergency dentists and our friendly staff know how to respond to any dental emergency.
- If it is a permanent tooth, gently and slowly replace the tooth in its socket
- Bite down on gauze or a clean cloth to keep the tooth from moving
If the tooth cannot be replaced in the socket:
- Hold the tooth by its crown
- Rinse tooth with clean water
- Keep the tooth wet, in a container filled with milk, your own saliva, or water
- Do not try to repair a restoration on your own
- Do not use your damaged tooth while eating
- Keep your mouth clear from debris
- Apply a cold compress near the affected tooth
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers as recommended
Dental First Aid Kit
This is an often-overlooked tool you can prepare ahead of dental emergencies.
Here are some suggested contents for a dental first aid kit:
- Cotton balls can protect oral tissues from damaged braces or dentures.
- Tea bags can control bleeding and ease discomfort if you bite your tongue, lip, or cheek.
- Orthodontic wax can cover the sharp points of wires or other orthodontic bands.
- Toothache drops provide temporary relief from toothache pain when applied directly to the tooth.
- A topical anaesthetic can give temporary relief for gum irritation, denture sores, cold sores, and other cuts.
- Clean gauze or a piece of cloth can be used as compress in case of bleeding.
Dental Emergency in Hoppers Crossing
If you’re concerned about a dental emergency, call us immediately, and we will get you in to see the dentist as soon as possible.
Dental Emergency in Hoppers Crossing
We are located at 483 Sayers Road in Hoppers Crossing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a dental emergency?
I have a broken or chipped tooth. What should I do?
Delicate areas of the tooth may now be exposed to bacteria. If left unprotected, this could quickly lead to new or increased decay and ultimately result in loss of tooth or root canal therapy.
How can I prepare for dental emergencies?
- Dentist’s phone numbers
- Saline solution
- Small container with lid
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
NEED DENTAL ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.