National Children’s Week at Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants
Children’s Week is an annual event celebrated around the fourth Wednesday of October. This year, Children’s Week is from 23-31 October.
As participation in this event, your Hoppers Crossing dentist focuses on caring for children’s oral health by promoting healthy habits from an early age.
Dental Care for Children
Your child’s wellbeing is your biggest concern, and their oral hygiene is an important part of their overall wellbeing. The care of your child’s teeth and gums starts with you—you can set them on the right path for a lifetime of optimum oral hygiene.
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Hoppers Crossing dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants Can Help
At Sayers Dental Aesthetics & Implants, we want you to maximise your child’s free dental care services covered by the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
The CDBS helps qualifying children attain optimal oral health as it covers preventative and restorative dental treatments ranging from X-rays to root canal treatment.
CDBS benefits children ages 2 to 17 years who receive Government Benefits. The eligible child will receive up to $1,013 worth of basic dental treatments over 2 calendar years.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Hoppers Crossing
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,013 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 483 Sayers Road in Hoppers Crossing.
NEED DENTAL ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION. (replies during business hours)
Book Your Dental Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards as well as HICAPS, MBF, Medibank Private, HCF & All major health funds.